Operations Associate (Energy Services) - Gonzales, Louisiana
What is on offer?
Alfred H Knight (AHK) has an opportunity for an Operations Associate (Energy Services) to join our team based in Gonzales, Louisiana.
This role is the perfect start for someone looking to develop their skills and build a long term career with a Company at the forefront of the TIC (Testing, Inspection, Certification) industry, operating within the metals, minerals and solid fuel sectors.
Initially based at Gonzales, Louisiana, you will spend your time learning about AHK, working within, and gaining an understanding of our Global Operations. You may also experience travel both domestically and internationally, depending on business requirements.
- Training. Undertake a comprehensive, personal training programme and maintain a record aligned with a skill matrix. Obtain a detailed understanding of the theory of weighing, and moisture determination as well as the fundamental principles of sample preparation (SP-WSMD). Visit clients’ facilities and operation sites to gain necessary operational knowledge and skills out in the field. Gain a comprehensive understanding of laboratory and administrative operations.
- Operational and Commercial Inspection. Under strict supervision, and as part of your training programme, attend and observe field operations including different sampling methods and SP-WSMD, for different material types / commodities including; Biomass, Coal, Petcoke, Agricultural Products.
- International Enquiries. Escalate all technical enquiries to senior management for a response.
- Compliance and Standards. Work in accordance with international standards and best practice, TOGs, SOPs and technical notes.
- Health & Safety. Enforce and adhere to AHK H&S policy at all times when working in the office, laboratory or in the field in collaboration with the H&S Department.
AHK North America provides services to the mining, metals, refining and recycling industries in a variety of capacities to include auditing, supervision, sampling and analysis of metals and minerals derived from the previously mentioned practices.
Do you have what it takes?
To be successful at Alfred H Knight, you will need to display the following:
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Independence. The ability to take initiative and be proactive in prioritising a dynamic and diverse workload.
- Interpersonal. Confidence in forming effective working relationships with a diverse range of people, including working inclusively and as part of a team with a collaborative work ethic.
- Communication. Effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English. You will be working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Adaptability. The ability to multitask and respond effectively to change.
- Analytical. The ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture. Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and precision are key.
Required Work Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken as you will be working with external and internal stakeholders.
- An understanding of and interest in the Energy Services industry (desirable).
- Previous experience working within the Energy Services industry (desirable).
- Level 2 Qualification / GCSE grade 4-9, A*-C or equivalent in English Language, Maths and Science / High School Diploma or equivalent (essential).
- Level 3 Qualification (desirable).
- Level 4, 5 and 6 Qualifications (optional).